INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SOCIAL SCIENCES IN SERVICE OF HUMANITY 2017
The diverse disciplines of social sciences deal with the social world, which revolves around the human beings. The diversity of the social phenomena has led the disciplines of social sciences to develop different approaches and theories for explanation and interpretation of individual and society. Furthermore, explaining human's behavior in globalized world, change in interaction of social communities is also the focus of the social sciences. For this purpose, the social scientists have devised different models not just for a society but also for respective disciplines. Rather than one paradigm, there are even competing theories and schools of thought within one discipline. The unity in diversity is to serve the humanity, having different social setting with one map.
The central aim of the conference is to highlight and explore the importance of the social sciences, making them relevant, pertinent and potent for mankind. The purpose of organizing this activity is to bring closer the scholars/researchers of social sciences on one platform, aiming to have a special focus on locating the role of social sciences in service of humanity. Its goal is also to provide an opportunity for academicians and professionals of relevant fields from all over the world to come together and learn from each other. Additionally, the conference is to provide a place for Ph. D and M. Phil Scholars with cross-disciplinary interests related to social sciences to meet and interact with members inside and outside their own particular disciplines.
The University of Lahore together with a support from Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC) is pleased to announce that the International Conference on Social Sciences in Service of Humanity 2017 is going to be heldfrom April 12-13, 2017 in Defence Road Campus, Lahore-Pakistan. International Conferences promote international dissemination of knowledge and development of cross-national academic fraternity as its participants come from different backgrounds and countries. They share their research, experiences and informally create long-lasting bonds.
International Conferences promote international dissemination of knowledge and development of cross-national academic fraternity as its participants come from different backgrounds and countries. They share their research, experiences and informally create long-lasting bonds.
The conference welcome papers on the following research themes but not limited to:
1. Role of Leadership in Promotion of National Cohesion
2. Gender Equality and Equity
3. Refugees, Migration and Human Trafficking
4. Identities in Social Sciences: Generational, Gender, Sexuality, Ethnic, Diasporas
5. Democracy in Pakistan: Accountability and Empowerment
6. The Role of Civil Society in Sustaining and Strengthening Democracy.
7. Shaping the Pakistani Society: Role of Religion, Traditions, Family and Education
8. The Ethnic Mosaic of Pakistan: Unity in Diversity.
9. Strategies to Counter Terrorism, Extremism and Violence
10. Nuclearization of South Asia: Deterrence or Insecurity
11. Microfinance and Human Welfare
12. Impact of Economic Crisis on Education
13. Globalized Economics: Inequalities, Development, 'Free' and 'Fair trade
14. Regionalism and Economic Cooperation
15. Social Cohesion and Social Welfare
16. Envisioning Social Work: Empowering Communities and Individuals
17. Impact of Multi-system of Education (Public/ Private and Madaris) on Society
18. Role of Social Sciences in Character-building and Behavior-moulding
19. Role of Literature and Language/ Linguistics in the Promotion of Peace and Tolerance
20. Language Policy and Planning: Impact on National Integration
21. Social, Political and Community Agenda in Media
22. Communication Technology and Social Change: Portrayal of Social Media Realities
23. Prospect and Perception of Conflict Management and Resolution in South Asia
24. Environmental Challenges: Consumption, Waste, Sustainability and Degradation